Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Favorite Hymns

My favorite hymns are performed daily at dawn and dusk.


St. Francis wrote:
All creatures of our God and King
Lift up your voice and with us sing,
Alleluia! Alleluia!
Thou burning sun with golden beam,
Thou silver moon with softer gleam!

O praise Him! O praise Him!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Each morning I enjoy my coffee on the patio listening to all the birds awaking and singing their praises to our Creator. Each species has its’ own special melody but they combine to make the most beautiful harmony. As they sing, they flitter about from feeders to flowers to trees. Some begin circling in the air and others are pecking around on the ground. My day cannot possibly begin any better!


Another celebration begins each day at dusk. Fewer birds join in at dusk but the great chorus of frogs and toads begin their chirping and croaking. The cicadas begin their interesting song. As the sun disappears, the bats soar in a ballet to the wonderful symphony. What a glorious way to end each day!


As this is posted, Scott and I will be on vacation in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. I can assure you each dawn and dusk I will be sitting on the porch listening to my favorite hymns. I look forward to the new melodies that I will be able to share.


My mouth will speak the praise of the Lord,
And all flesh will bless his holy name forever and ever.
                                                Psalm 145:21

No comments: